GenerLink™ Transfer Switch
Connecting a Portable Generator is Now Safe and Easy with GenerLinkTM
Steuben Rural Electric Cooperative now offers GenerLinkTM. GenerLinkTM is a new five-inch meter device that makes connecting a portable generator safe and easy. The GenerLinkTM transfer switch will allow members to connect an 8500 watt or less portable generator to their home during power outages.
- GenerLinkTM eliminates the use of extension cords and other connections that can be hazardous to members and SREC personnel.
- GenerLinkTM detects when a generator is operating and automatically disconnects from the utility grid, eliminating dangerous backfeed.
- GenerLinkTM is equipped with GenerLockTM, a unique interlocking power cord system that provides a quick and easy connection of a portable generator.
- GenerLinkTM is installed by SREC personnel and does not require the member to be home.
- GenerLinkTM is easily installed behind a member’s electric meter (200-amp meter base) and requires no rewiring of the member’s electrical system.
- With GenerLinkTM, members have the flexibility to run virtually any appliance, up to the capacity of their generator by simply energizing appliances from their breaker panel.
There are two types of GenerLink™ available to SREC members to purchase. The transfer switch comes with a 20 ft. cord. The installation by SREC is free.
MA23-S GenerLink™ transfer switch - $653.00 plus tax.
MA24-S GenerLink™ transfer switch - $753.00 plus tax.
Please note that not all generators are compatible with these devices. A list of compatible generators can be found at www.generlink.com/auxiliary-power.html.
To purchase a GenerLinkTM transfer switch, or for more information, please contact us at 607-776-4161 or 1-800-843-3414.